Carer's Information and Support Programme
Wednesday, 3 December, 2014 to Thursday, 18 December, 2014, 18:30 - 20:30
Held in East Belfast in the Braniel Community Centre, this event is an oppurtunity to access information and support for carers of people living with dementia.
It aims to improve knowledge, skills and understanding of those supporting/caring for someone with dementia. The programme facilitates peer support and a shared learning experience in a safe accessible environment. Each programme will accommodate a maximum of 12 participants:
- Wednesday 3rd December – Induction and Welcome – welcoming everyone to the programme and a bit of information about how the programme will go ahead.
- Monday 8th December – Understanding Dementia – explores the physical, psychological and emotional impact that dementia may have on the person with dementia.
- Friday 12th December – Legal and Money Matters – explores legal and financial issues to help you understand the importance of planning for the future.
- Monday 15th December – Providing Support and Care – explores concerns/challenges that arise when supporting a person with dementia, communication with, and understanding them
- Thursday 18th December – Coping Day to Day – looks at the physical, psychological, & emotional implications that dementia may have on you as a carer, including your relationships, how to look after yourself and identification of relevant support services.