Support For Carers
South Eastern HSC Trust aims to recognise and value the help and support Carers give to other people in their lives. A Carer is someone who regularly provides a substantial amount of care to a family member, friend or neighbour who is ill, disabled or is frail due to being older.
You could be
- A young person under 18 looking after a parent/brother/sister;
- Someone looking after a relative with an illness or disability;
- The parent of a child with disabilities or special needs;
- A friend or relative looking after an older person.
You do not have to
- Live with the person you care for.
- Be the only Carer.
- Be related to the person you care for.
There is a range of support available locally through South Eastern HSC Trust and organisations in the voluntary and community sectors.
For more information:
Check the carer section of South Eastern HSC Trust website at http://www.setrust.hscni.net/services/CarersInformation.htm or contact the Carer Support Service by email Carer.Support@setrust.hscni.net or phone 028 9756 5456